Make a difference by cleaning up at East Coast Park. Learn how you can contribute to research and policy on marine litter. Enjoy ‘A Plastic Ocean’ movie screening and appreciation dinner at the end of the Cleanup.
Update: Although the ticket allocation for Kayaker is full and there is an option to be on the waiting list, help still needed on the landward side.
From their registration page.
Held in conjunction with the International Coastal Cleanup, participants can:
- Find out more about marine litter and its impact to the environment
- Embark on an kayaking expedition to collect marine litter
- Learn how to document the litter collected
- Contribute to research and legislative purposes worldwide
- Enjoy ‘A Plastic Ocean’ movie screening and appreciation dinner at the end of the Cleanup
9.00am: Participants’ Registration, Briefing, Gear-up, & Clean-up
2.30pm – 3.30pm: Marine Trash Documentation & Data Recording/Wash-up
3.30pm – 5.30pm: ‘A Plastic Ocean’ Movie Screening & Appreciation Dinner
5.30pm: End of Event
Please note that all participants are required to provide their own breakfast and/or lunch. Food that participants may consume during the clean-up event include bread, biscuits, apples and/or any other items that are unlikely to spoil under outdoor conditions. Pre-pack your food to remove any excessive packaging to prevent accidental littering.
Register here https://cuok2018.peatix.com/