|Mangrove Restoration Workshop on Pulau Ubin!|
One of the activities by the marine community for IYOR 2018.
What is Celebrating Singapore Shores?
It is a community platform that brings together the Singapore marine community. This community-driven initiative brings together partners such as government agencies, NGOs, non-for- profit interest groups, academics, private organisations, and civil society. As we join in the celebrations of International Year of the Reef 2018 and hopefully, the years beyond.
This platform is to celebrate all our shores: from mangroves to seagrasses, rocky shores to reefs, even our living artificial shores!
All are welcome to join in!
Through articles on this blog and related channels, we hope to inspire everyone to CONNECT, RESPECT and PROTECT Singapore's shores!
What are some of the activities planned?
One key activity will be the Singapore Blue Plan 2018, drawn up by science and expert contributors, as well as stakeholders, for submission to government in the third quarter of 2018.
The community will also offer lots of events to celebrate our shores!
There will be fun activities for everyone to appreciate Singapore's shores.
As well as activities to start conversations about and take action for our shores.
Want to write a story about Singapore shores?
Yes, please! Here's some high res photos for your free download to use.
Our growing community (in alphabetical order)
Thank you for your support!
- AQUA Talks by Aquatica Asia, Aquamundo Singapore, and Wala Wala Cafe Bar
- Asian School of the Environment, NTU
- Azri Alwi
- BBC Earth
- Cicada Tree Eco-Place
- Conservation International Singapore
- Craft Lagoon
- The Dorsal Effect
- Earth Observatory Singapore
- Entomologist Lounge
- Friends of Marine Park
- The Hantu Bloggers
- Herpetological Society of Singapore
- International Seagrass Biology Workshop
- International Coastal Cleanup Singapore
- The Leafmonkey Workshop
- Lee Kong Chian Natural History Museum
- Lepak In SG
- Little Day Out
- Little Green Men
- Marine Stewardship Council, Singapore
- Maritime and Port Authority of Singapore
- Naked Hermit Crabs
- National Parks Board
- National Youth Council
- National Research Foundation
- NUS Bachelors of Environmental Studies (BES)
- Our Seas, Our Legacy
- Our Singapore Reefs
- PA Water-Venture
- Pint of Science Singapore
- PM Haze
- Project Blue Wave
- The National University of Singapore
- Rachel Quek
- Raffles Ecological Literacy Programme
- Republic Polytechnic
- Restore Ubin Mangroves (R.U.M.) Initiative
- SIBiol - The Singapore Institute of Biology
- The Singapore Blue Plan 2018
- Singapore Eco Film Festival
- Singapore Maritime Heritage Interest Group
- Singapore Maritime Gallery
- Singapore Sustainability Academy
- St John's Island National Marine Laboratory
- St. Joseph's Institution
- Wild Drawings - Check out their Seas & Shores Gallery for local marine wildlife!
- Wu Yanrong
- WWF Singapore