Throughout the launch dates, marine scientists will be at the event area - be sure to catch them and ask them questions about their work and why they love their jobs!
There's lots of other happenings at the launch, specially for kids and families! Join Captain Patty Parrotfish and its supportive sidekick, Izzy Isopod, on their journey discovering treasures of the sea!
|click on image for larger view|
Here’s a sneak peek of our partners’ fun-filled activities!
- Storytelling and colouring with Cicada Tree Eco-Place
- Marine clay modelling session with NUS Marine Scientists
- Hand crafting of marine animals using recycled materials with Craft Lagoon
- The Herpetological Society of Singapore will be showing you how to make reptile origami!
- Screening of the highly acclaimed documentary ‘Blue Planet II’ by BBC Earth to highlight the wonderful ocean habitats, but also the problems oceans face today
- Join Rachel Quek, filmmaker and producer of 'Ubin, Sayang', for an in-depth conversation about her experiences working on Singapore’s last offshore kampung. The film follows Xiao Ting on her journey learning about mangrove restoration and the kampung spirit on our most charming island.
- Live mural painting with Wu Yanrong, a Singapore Illustrator who paints marine animals
Date: 17 and 18 Mar 2018
Time: 10am - 6pm
Venue: Palawan Pirate Ship, Sentosa
SEA YOU there!
Like the Celebrating Singapore shores facebook page for updates!
This community event is a partnership by Our Singapore Reefs, Sentosa, and Celebrating Singapore Shores, in conjunction with the Third International Year of the Reef.